In this episode, Chara shares:
- The simple ayurvedic approach for re-inventing yourself and recharging your mental and physical batteries throughout the year.
- The principles of Ayurvedic cleansing and when it makes sense to do it.
Kitchari Serves: 3-4
Often referred to as Ayurvedic Chicken Soup, Kitchari is easy to digest and uses warming spices to gently stimulate the digestion. It's also a complete protein that is simple to make, delicious, and nourishing for the body! It's often eaten with vegetables that can be added in while cooking or cooked and eaten alongside.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 cup moong dal, split yellow lentils (NOT the whole green ones)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger root (optional)
- ¼ tsp turmeric (optional)