In this episode, Chara shares with us:
- The qualities of the spring season and how they show up in the mind and body.
- A simple mantra for wellness in spring that can be applied to your self-care and eating!
- A few spring recipes that are easy to make and have the right qualities to keep you balanced in spring.
**Warm Green Smoothie **
This is not your typical smoothie! The cold, heavy, and often rough qualities of smoothies mean that in the Ayurvedic world they are often seen as less than healthy as they can be challenging to digestion and promote heaviness and congestion. This smoothie turns the typical smoothie on its head. We use fruit and leafy greens with astringent qualities to dry up congestion, and warming spices to counteract the wet heaviness of spring. And then we warm it! The experience of this yummy warm concoction may just change your smoothie game for good.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 medium apple
- 1 small pear
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 3 large handfuls baby spinach