Consisting of three layers of mouth-watering real food ingredients, this slice is one that must be shared with friends and family. Instead of using fake coloring for the middle, I've chosen to use matcha powder instead.
Aside from creating a great green color, it also super-boosts this slice by adding health-supportive polyphenols, also known as antioxidants that support the biochemistry of your body in many healthful and helpful ways.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
FOR THE BASE
- 1 cup dried, desiccated coconut
- 1 cup teff flour
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp un-hulled tahini
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 4 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
FOR THE PEPPERMINT LAYER
- 1¾ cups desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1½ tbsp peppermint extract
FOR THE CHOCOLATE LAYER
- 125ml extra virgin coconut oiL
- 60ml maple syrup
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- To make the base, combine all base layer ingredients in food processor and blend.
- Press into the bottom of a lined slice tin. Place in freezer to set.
- Combine all peppermint layer ingredients in a food processor and blend.
- Blitz then add on top of the base layer, place back in the freezer to set.
- Combine all chocolate ingredients in a saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk, then pour and smooth over the top of the peppermint later.
- Place in the fridge to set. Remove and let thaw for 2 minutes before slicing with a knife.
Audio Languages: English
Chickpea MeringuesS1:Ep8 5 mins
Peppermint SliceS1:Ep9 8 mins
Coconut IceS1:Ep10 4 mins
You Might Also Like
BruschettaS1:Ep10 2 mins
Raw Red Capsicum WrapS1:Ep13 5 mins
Green SmoothieS1:Ep12 3 mins
Satay NoodlesS1:Ep14 4 mins
Greek Salad with Almond FetaS1:Ep7 5 mins
Chia PuddingS1:Ep11 2 mins
Raw Omega 3 BallsS1:Ep8 3 mins
Garden PizzaS1:Ep6 7 mins
Banana BreadS1:Ep9 1 min
Fruit SaladS1:Ep5 2 mins
Beating DiabetesS1:Ep10 17 mins
Coconut Water and Milk KefirsS1:Ep3 13 mins
Spiritual AspectsS1:Ep9 9 mins
Cashew MilkS1:Ep4 2 mins
Wild Plants & HerbsS1:Ep11 4 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia