Member-Supported, Ad-free Streaming
How to Get Rid of Unwanted Spirits
BY: Raenae Wann
Is there an unwanted spirit or ghost in your home? Before following this guide to rid unwanted spirits or ghosts, it is important to not relieve your home of your spirit guide. These spirits are to simply guide you on your life path and are not malicious or bad energies. However, if your spirit guide has a negative influence on your behavior, it may be a necessity to rid from your home.
If you are ready to assist these unwanted spirits or ghosts into the light, please follow this guide of safe practices.
Note: This guide is to rid only unwanted spirits or ghosts. If you have poltergeist or demonic entity activity, please consult expert spiritual and professional help, such as religious officials, psychologists or trained spirit releasers.
Firstly, before you start your spirit work, it is important to cleanse the area you’ll be practicing in. Many believe that you should cleanse your home at least once a month. Cleansing can be done in a few ways to get rid of ghosts and spirits:
- Smudging – The practice of smudging, or the burning of herbs, comes from the Native American tradition and used for emotional, psychic and spiritual purification. This practice is also used to cleanse a person, place or object of negative energies or influences. The smudge stick is easy-to-make from herbs of your own garden!
- Prayer – Praying with the combination of smudging is a great way to cleanse the home before communicating with the unwanted spirit. Calling upon God, angels, saints or other free spirits to assist this lost or trapped spirit into the light.
- Casting a circle – Holding hands in a circle or physically making a circle creates a sacred space and is commonly used by Pagans and Wiccans. The circle holds energy and is easier to contain within the circle.
The next phase to ridding unwanted ghosts and spirits is to simply communicate with them.
- Asking it to leave – Phrases such as “This is not your place; it is time for you to move on” typically will work. Some may add well-wishes or blessings like “We wish you will in your new place.”
- Ordering it to leave – With stubborn, or trapped, spirits they may want to stay around a bit longer. By ordering the spirit to leave, accompanied by smudging or other purification practices will typically eliminate the spirit attachment to your home. Phrases can include: “I order you to leave this place now” or “Whatever you feel you need to do is not important now. You need to move on!”
If you spirit or ghost is not having any of your niceties, a more extreme method might be necessary. Banishing spells should only be used for malicious spirits unwilling to cross over. It is important to first communicate with benevolent spirits to cross over or use a simple spell to assist them into the light.
Spirits and ghosts may need extra convincing to move on, therefore, seeking additional help from experienced spirit releasers and religious officials may do the trick to properly cleansing your home and rid the spirit or ghost. Be sure to present any evidence with types of activity, times, locations within the home and anything else that can help with ridding the spirit or ghost.