Therapeutic, nurturing and ancient, the Mayans definitely knew what was up with this sacred blend.
This warm and delicious drink is the perfect way to wind down or nourish yourself after a deep yoga practice. This is definitely a treat for those days when you feel like you need a little extra lovin.
As I always say, there’s nothing that a cup of my superfood Mayan Hot Chocolate cannot heal.
Makes 1 Serving
- 2 Tbsp Raw Organic Coconut Butter
- 500ml Nut Milk Of Your Choice (I used homemade cashew milk for this recipe)
- 2 Tbsp Raw Organic [Cacao] (/video/chocolate-farmer)
- Pinch Chili Powder OR Cayenne Pepper
- Pinch Ginger Powder
- Pinch Cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ Tsp Maca Root Powder
- 1 Tsp Sweetener of Your Choice (I used 8-10 drops Vanilla Cream Liquid Stevia)
Boost this recipe with superfoods of your choice! I like my 14-mushroom blend (which is a combination of Chaga, Reishi, Cordyceps and other superfood mushrooms) as well as my Love Power Tonic (which is an elixir made of Maca, Muia Puama, Tribulus & Cinnamon), ¼ Vanilla Bean, 2 Tbsp Coconut Whipped Cream or Vegan Marshmallows!
- Lightly heat the nut/seed milk of your choice on medium heat (to keep the nutrients in the milk do not heat above 118F).
- Whisk all other ingredients into the pot and serve warm!