Turmeric Tonic Tea
This is an amazing liver detoxifier and stomach acid regulator!
Cayenne helps to ward off colds, sinus infections and sore throats. This beverage is most soothing when drunk warm. It is also great for stimulation of digestion, liver detox, and is an anti-inflammatory. Turmeric has anti-cancer nutrients as well!
- 1 tsp powdered turmeric (or about 1 inch fresh turmeric, finely grated)
- pinch cayenne pepper
- raw honey to taste
- juice of 1 lemon or 1- 2 Tbsp unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- Warm water (not boiling)
Pour warm water over ingredients in a mug. If you like the taste, pour a full mug and sip it. If you don't like the taste, just use less water, let it cool slightly and toss it back.
Soothing Turmeric Tea
Turmeric also fights inflammation. From a sore throat to chronic body inflammation, turmeric is the ticket!
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 6-10 granules fenugreek
- 1.8 tsp ground, dried ginger
- 1-2 to 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2/3 cup water
- Combine all except honey in a pot and bring to a simmer.
- Strain into a mug, add honey and enjoy!