How to Awaken Your Third Eye
- Avoid Fluoride
- Supplement your diet
- Use essential oils
- Meditate and chant
- Collaborate with crystals
What is the Third Eye?
The pineal gland is a pea-sized gland shaped like a pine cone, located in the vertebrate brain near the hypothalamus and pituitary gland. Also known as the third eye, it is a revered tool of seers and mystics and considered to be the organ of supreme universal connection. Its significance appears in every ancient culture throughout the world. For example, in Ayurvedic philosophy, the third eye is represented by the Ajna chakra and in Ancient Egypt, the symbol of the Eye of Horus mirrors the placement of the pineal gland in the profile of the human head. The third eye is connected to clarity, concentration, imagination and intuition.
The Third Eye in Biology
The pineal gland represents the third eye in biology, which produces melatonin. Melatonin controls circadian rhythms and reproductive hormones. This makes the pineal a master regulator of time, affecting not only our sleep patterns but also our sexual maturation. Melatonin also affects our stress and ability to adapt to a changing world. This third eye activates when exposed to light, and has a number of biological functions in controlling the biorhythms of the body. It works in harmony with the hypothalamus gland which directs the body’s thirst, hunger, sexual desire and the biological clock that determines our aging process.
Significance of the Third Eye
Developing the third eye is the doorway to all things psychic—telepathy, clairvoyance, lucid dreaming and astral projection. The illusion of separation between self and spirit dissolves when the third eye connection is cultivated. Metaphysical ways of being are connected to the third eye, such as how to be awake within the dream, to walk between realities and surpass the limitations of humanity.
Why You Should Awaken Your Third Eye
A blocked third eye or ajna chakra is said to lead to confusion, uncertainty, cynicism, jealousy and pessimism. Through an open and vibrant third eye, the highest source of ethereal energy may enter. While the physical eyes perceive the physical world, the third eye sees the true world — a unified whole with an unyielding connection to spirit. A list of the benefits and abilities the third eye brings include clarity, concentration, perspicuity, bliss, intuition, decisiveness and insight. The third eye has been linked to lucid dreaming, astral projection, quality of sleep, enhanced imagination and aura viewing.
How Does Calcification Occur?
The calcification of the pineal gland is common if the third eye is not being used or as a result of diets rich in fluoride and calcium. Calcification is the build up of calcium phosphate crystals in various parts of the body. This process occurs because of toxins in everyday products, like fluoride, hormones and additives, sugars and artificial sweeteners. Radiation from cell phone use and electric and magnetic fields may have negative impacts on the pineal gland as well. Some conspiracy theorists believe mass media campaigns advocating the use of fluoride and calcium are motivated by government control programs.
Assignment: Celebrate the Third Eye
Most animals have pineal glands, often larger than human pineal glands, that drive instinctual knowledge. While your pineal gland may be neglected and decalcified, celebrate that you indeed have a pineal gland. Start your activation practice simply by sending gratitude to your third eye for your innate intuitive abilities and your connection to nature through the circadian rhythms that the pineal gland governs.
Spend 10 minutes each day consciously activating your third eye through meditation, chanting, prayer, dance or yoga.
Six Ways to Awaken Third Eye
Through decalcification and activation, reclaim your path to ecstatic bliss and union with source:
Pay close attention to the water in your life: tap water is a source of fluoride, which contributes to pineal gland calcification. Fluoridated toothpaste is another prominent source of fluoride in modern diets, as are inorganic produce and artificial drinks made with impure water. Consider adding water filters to your sink and shower faucets.
Supplement Your Diet
The list of supplements that support and detoxify the third eye is long and includes raw cacao, goji berries, garlic, lemons, watermelon, bananas, honey, coconut oil, hemp seeds, cilantro, seaweed, honey, chlorella, spirulina, blue-green algae, raw apple cider vinegar, zeolite, ginseng, borax, Vitamin D3, bentonite clay and chlorophyll are all ingredients that aide purification of the pineal gland.
Use Essentials Oils
Many essential oils stimulate the pineal gland and facilitate states of spiritual awareness, including lavender, sandalwood, frankincense, parsley and pine. Essential oils may be inhaled directly, added to body oil, burned in a diffuser and added to bathwater.
The sun is a great source of power. Gaze gently at the sun during the first few minutes of sunrise and last few minutes of sunset to boost your pineal gland.
Meditate and Chant
Meditation activates the pineal gland through intention: consider visualizing the decalcification of the pineal gland, as its sacred nature is illuminated and directly connected to source. Chanting causes the tetrahedron bone in the nose to resonate, which causes stimulation of the pineal gland. Considering chanting “Om,” also known as the sound of the universe, 108 times each day.
Collaborate With Crystals
Crystals are influential allies in the quest to awaken the third eye. Use crystals and gemstones in the purple, indigo and violet color palette. This color palette serves to awaken, balance, align and nurture the third eye. Try amethyst, purple sapphire, purple violet tourmaline, rhodonite and sodalite. Place the crystal or gemstone between and slightly above the brow during meditation.
Let Your Intuition Shine
Once you begin working with your third eye, you will begin to receive guidance messages and visions. Strive to have the courage to follow through on what your intuition offers and your third eye strength will only grow.
82 Ways To Achieve a Higher State of Consciousness
George Gurdjieff was an influential early 20th-century mystic, philosopher, and spiritual teacher. He observed that most humans live their lives in a state of hypnotic “waking sleep. To combat this, Gurdjieff developed a method to transcend to a higher state of consciousness and achieve full human potential. These are his “commandments,” simple ways you can progress on your journey towards waking up:
1. Ground your attention on yourself. Be conscious at every moment of what you are thinking, sensing, feeling, desiring, and doing.
2. Always finish what you have begun.
3. Whatever you are doing, do it as well as possible.
4. Do not become attached to anything that can destroy you in the course of time.
5. Develop your generosity – but secretly.
6. Treat everyone as if he or she was a close relative.
7. Organize what you have disorganized.
8. Learn to receive and give thanks for every gift.
9. Stop defining yourself.
10. Do not lie or steal, for you lie to yourself and steal from yourself.
11. Help your neighbor, but do not make him dependent.
12. Do not encourage others to imitate you.
13. Make work plans and accomplish them.
14. Do not take up too much space.
15. Make no useless movements or sounds.
16. If you lack faith, pretend to have it.
17. Do not allow yourself to be impressed by strong personalities.
18. Do not regard anyone or anything as your possession.
19. Share fairly.
20. Do not seduce.
21. Sleep and eat only as much as necessary.
22. Do not speak of your personal problems.
23. Do not express judgement or criticism when you are ignorant of most of the factors involved.
24. Do not establish useless friendships.
25. Do not follow fashions.
26. Do not sell yourself.
27. Respect contracts you have signed.
28. Be on time.
29. Never envy the luck or success of anyone.
30. Say no more than necessary.
31. Do not think of the profits your work will engender.
32. Never threaten anyone.
33. Keep your promises.
34. In any discussion, put yourself in the other person’s place.
35. Admit that someone else may be superior to you.
36. Do not eliminate, but transmute.
37. Conquer your fears, for each of them represents a camouflaged desire.
38. Help others to help themselves.
39. Conquer your aversions and come closer to those who inspire rejection in you.
40. Do not react to what others say about you, whether praise or blame.
41. Transform your pride into dignity.
42. Transform your anger into creativity.
43. Transform your greed into respect for beauty.
44. Transform your envy into admiration for the values of the other.
45. Transform your hate into charity.
46. Neither praise nor insult yourself.
47. Regard what does not belong to you as if it did belong to you.
48. Do not complain.
49. Develop your imagination.
50. Never give orders to gain the satisfaction of being obeyed.
51. Pay for services performed for you.
52. Do not proselytize your work or ideas.
53. Do not try to make others feel for you emotions such as pity, admiration, sympathy, or complicity.
54. Do not try to distinguish yourself by your appearance.
55. Never contradict; instead, be silent.
56. Do not contract debts; acquire and pay immediately.
57. If you offend someone, ask his or her pardon; if you have offended a person publicly, apologize publicly.
58. When you realize you have said something that is mistaken, do not persist in error through pride; instead, immediately retract it.
59. Never defend your old ideas simply because you are the one who expressed them.
60. Do not keep useless objects.
61. Do not adorn yourself with exotic ideas.
62. Do not have your photograph taken with famous people.
63. Justify yourself to no one, and keep your own counsel.
64. Never define yourself by what you possess.
65. Never speak of yourself without considering that you might change.
66. Accept that nothing belongs to you.
67. When someone asks your opinion about something or someone, speak only of his or her qualities.
68. When you become ill, regard your illness as your teacher, not as something to be hated.
69. Look directly, and do not hide yourself.
70. Do not forget your dead, but accord them a limited place and do not allow them to invade your life.
71. Wherever you live, always find a space that you devote to the sacred.
72. When you perform a service, make your effort inconspicuous.
73. If you decide to work to help others, do it with pleasure.
74. If you are hesitating between doing and not doing, take the risk of doing.
75. Do not try to be everything to your spouse; accept that there are things that you cannot give him or her but which others can.
76. When someone is speaking to an interested audience, do not contradict that person and steal his or her audience.
77. Live on money you have earned.
78. Never brag about amorous adventures.
79. Never glorify your weaknesses.
80. Never visit someone only to pass the time.
81. Obtain things in order to share them.
82. If you are meditating and a devil appears, make the devil meditate too.