Containing herbs and spices that are known to help enhance your sleep, this smoothie will help relax the body during the evening so you can enjoy a deep sleep.
Why It's So Good For You:
Take your nighttime tea to the next level by brewing then blending into a nourishing sleepytime smooth-tea. We've used ingredients like turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom to help calm the nervous system, digestive system and suppress feelings of anxiety. Cherries are also used in this recipe for their sleep-enhancing properties. They are a natural source of melatonin, known to help regulate sleep. Try and enjoy this smoothie at least 2 hours before bedtime.
(use organic where possible)
- 1 tsp lemon balm tea leaves
- 1 tsp passionflower tea leaves
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ cup dried tart cherries
- 1 cup nut milk of choice - almond milk
- Start by steeping your tea leaves (lemon balm and passionflower) in a small teapot of boiling water.
- Next up, in a small saucepan over medium heat, add ½ -1 cup of the steeped tea along with the turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper and nut milk.
- Gently heat the milk and spices while continuing to stir.
- Transfer the warm milk mixture to the blender and blend with the tart cherries until smooth and creamy.
Audio Languages: English
Turmeric LatteS1:Ep3 1 min
Night-Time Smooth-TeaS1:Ep4 2 mins
You Might Also Like
Nut ButterS1:Ep4 3 mins
Avocado Probiotic CupS1:Ep5 2 mins
Sweet Potato FriesS1:Ep6 2 mins
Coconut Banana BreadS1:Ep5 4 mins
Avocado DressingS1:Ep6 2 mins
Simple SauerkrautS1:Ep5 4 mins
Chia Seed PuddingS1:Ep2 1 min
Toasted PepitasS1:Ep2 2 mins
Satay SauceS1:Ep4 2 mins
Matcha SmoothieS1:Ep1 1 min
Creamy Sesame MilkS1:Ep3 1 min
Brazil Nut MilkS1:Ep5 1 min
Pumpkin Choc Chip CookiesS1:Ep1 3 mins
Activated NutsS1:Ep3 2 mins
Sunflower Seed MilkS1:Ep2 1 min
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia