This turmeric mixture can help ease your digestive system in preparation for a better night's sleep.
Why It's So Good For You:
Trouble sleeping can quite often be related back to the digestive system working overtime right before bed making it hard for your body to completely wind down and settle in for restful sleep. Sipping on a warming turmeric mixture in the evening can help settle your digestive system, calm the nervous system and prepare you for a restful sleep.
(use organic where possible)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (8 oz/ 250 ml) unsweetened plant-based milk of choice (coconut, hemp, almond, rice)
- Make a turmeric paste by mixing the turmeric, honey, cinnamon & black pepper together with a tiny bit of hot water.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan or steam.
- Stir through the turmeric paste.
- Serve in a glass or mug and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.