Sipping on a cup of tea at nighttime is a great way to relax the body.
Why It's So Good For You: Sipping on a cup of nighttime tea is the perfect way to wind down from the day while assisting to induce your body into a state that's ready for a restful night's sleep.
Herbs such as chamomile, peppermint, lemon balm, skullcap, passionflower and valerian root and all well-known stress relieving teas with properties to calm the nervous system, making them a great choice 1-2 hours before bedtime.
These herbs will help promote a deeper and more restful sleep as they sooth and sedate the nervous system, and help calm restlessness while also relieving digestive issues. You can make your own combinations using the some of the suggestions below, or you can find a specially blended option in the store. Just be sure your chosen blend is caffeine free.
(use organic where possible)
- 1 sleepytime or calming tea bag (or make your own blend)
- Steep the tea bag in a cup of hot water for 3-5 minutes. Enjoy!
- If making your own tea, you can use a mixture of the herbs below & steep 1-2 tsp in a teapot for 3-5 minutes.
Calming Herbs: chamomile, peppermint, lemon balm, skullcap, passionflower, and valerian root
- You can buy sleepy time tea or other calming bedtime blends from health food stores, supermarkets and online.
- Recommended brands include Yogi Tea, Traditional Medicinals, Planet Organic, Organic India.