This is the classic Kultured Wellness yogurt, made with a handful of your favorite fruit and some cinnamon and vanilla or your favorite flavors.
1.6L per batch, standard serve half cup (125ml), 12 standard serves per batch
Why It's Good For You:
The fermentation process eats up the sugar in the fruit while retaining the vitamins and enzymes that make the fruit more nutritious. The coconut cream itself is a fantastic, sustainable source of fuel for the body while also being anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic, to boot.
(use organic where possible)
- 1 cup fruit of your choice (fresh or frozen)
- 4 (400 ml) cans coconut cream
- 1 cup yogurt starter (or use 1 cup of yogurt from a previous batch)
- Handful of fresh mint
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a blender, mix on low speed for approx 10 seconds until combined.
- Transfer the yogurt to a large glass jar, leaving enough room between the yogurt and the lid.
- Secure the lid and leave on the bench to ferment for 8-12 hours, tasting after 8 hours to see if the sweetness of the coconut cream and the fruit has disappeared.
- When the yogurt is ready, transfer to the fridge.
- The yogurt expands during fermentation so ensure there's a space between the yogurt and the lid (this is a normal part of the fermentation process which shows how alive and active the bacteria are).
- The yogurt will ferment faster in warmer weather and slower in cool conditions.
- You may use a starter culture of choice. You can purchase starter cultures from health food stores or online.
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Celebratory Relationships with Gay HendricksS1:Ep20 37 mins
Donna Gates Cultured VeggiesS1:Ep2 16 mins
Coconut Water and Milk KefirsS1:Ep3 13 mins
The Seedy Sicilian PizzaS1:Ep4 14 mins
Vibrant Longevity with Patrick FlanaganS2:Ep14 30 mins
Cyndi O'Meara SnackS1:Ep5 5 mins
One Spirit Medicine with Alberto Villoldo – Part 2S7:Ep37 41 mins
Wisdom Of Eating RawS1:Ep7 16 mins
Health and NutritionS1:Ep6 14 mins
Supreme Raw Vanilla Ice CreamS1:Ep3 10 mins
Vanilla Shilajit LatteS1:Ep2 7 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia