Member-Supported, Ad-free Streaming
7 Ways to Ease Back onto Your Mat
Ready to get back into a regular yoga routine?
Here are some tips to get you flowing again.
- Accept where you are: After a long hiatus, your practice won’t be exactly the same. And that’s totally okay!
- Let yourself be beginner again: You’ll see things from a new perspective and with a new voice.
- No practice is too short: Every minute counts! Try out 5, 10, or 15 minutes practices.
- Dedicate a space: Create a sacred space in a corner of your home.
- Find your inspiration: Set an intention for getting back on the mat. Write it on a piece of paper and keep it under your mat.
- Start fresh: Maybe your last practice was part of why you stopped. Try new classes, teachers, and forms of yoga.
- Indulge in the poses you love: Positive reinforcement is a great way to motivate yourself.
- Set a reminder: Set a calendar event on your phone as a reminder about your practice.
Benefits of getting back on the mat in the morning
- What we choose to do with your first waking hours can have a profound impact on how you live the rest of our day.
- In the first breath of the day lies infinite potential, when the senses are barely stirring and before the eyes have opened.
- The average adult enjoys somewhere between 17,000 and 24,000 breaths per day, but that first one can be especially potent.
Set an Intention for Your Day – 15 minute practice
This 15 minute vinyasa practice begins to build the elements you need to establish your foundation. This class is focused on setting an intention for your day.
Try these 15 Minute Yoga Practices
THERE’S MORE TO YOU THAN YOU THINK
Travel down a new road with Gaia, a member-supported conscious media company. Join our community of seekers, dreamers, and doers to empower your own evolution. Discover over 8,000+ ad-free, streaming videos to inspire and encourage curiosity. Everything is waiting for you; which path will you choose?