Starry-Eyed Synastry: Zodiac Sign Compatibility Guide
The notion of zodiac sign compatibility has been around for some time. It’s a bit of a dating cliche for some, who inquire after it to a suitor without perhaps knowing what it really means. However, it can be an important conversation starter that’s essential to evaluate early on.
Synastry is the art of relationship astrology and helps us understand how individuals interact with one another. According to astrologists, each individual is born with a personal birth chart, a map of the heavens for the moment they took their first breath. It is held that the birth chart has the effect of stamping, or imprinting, the energies of the planets and signs on an individual, which in turn can affect how we interact with others because of their own birth charts.
Each and every one of us has all 10 planets and luminaries in our charts, but their positions by sign, house, and aspect are individual to each. When we interact with others, the individual energies of our natal charts form special relationships with their individual energies. The resulting interplay is as complex and unique as our own personalities.
Free! Astrology 101 on Gaia
Discover the 17 essential astrology concepts you must know, right here on Gaia. Join Master Astrologer Rick Levine for this fascinating journey through planets, signs, and horoscopes. Sign up now – it’s free!
Synastry is a complex art that can shed some incredible light on our relationships. Before you dive in, for example, you need to think about what you really want out of life. What are your priorities? What’s on your bucket list? How much security do you need to feel comfortable? Someone with a sensitive water sign type, for example, could easily clash with the intense, passionate fire partner, which is something you might want to know for the long haul once the romance has worn off. Or conversely, if adventure and excitement is your priority, such as is the case for Aquarius or Sagittarius, Cancer’s tender loving home care could make you feel stifled instead of nurtured. These are important things to think about being committing to a serious relationship, so that you can avoid some serious and harmful tussles in your future.
Compatibilities for Each Sign
Here are the range of compatibilities for each sign from Astromatcha; for a more detailed view of each individual relationship, take a look at their site. They write of the signs, “Most astrologers making a compatibility chart will put opposite signs, signs which share the same element and trine signs (signs of a complementary element) as the most compatible with any given Sun sign. The least compatible Sun signs are usually thought to be inconjunct signs – these are the two signs on either side of your opposite sign. The rest of the Sun sign combinations offer varying levels of compatibility, depending on the amount of effort your put into your relationship.”
Also, be sure to keep in mind that this guide is a mere starting point. It can be a great conversational piece as you figure out your significant others’ likes, dislikes and other quirks. It also shouldn’t be the definitive deciding factor for your relationship, but merely something to take into consideration. After all, no compatibility chart is foolproof, as we as humans are all totally unique!
Watch Zodiac: Aries to Virgo for more information on sign compatibility.
Watch Zodiac: Libra to Pisces for more information on sign compatibility.
March 21 to April 20
- Most compatible signs: Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius
- Least compatible signs: Virgo, Scorpio
- So-so compatibility: Aries, Taurus, Cancer, Capricorn, Pisces
April 21 to May 21
- Most compatible signs for Taurus: Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn, Pisces
- Least compatible signs for Taurus: Libra, Sagittarius
- So-so compatibility for Taurus: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Leo, Aquarius
May 22 to June 21
- Most compatible signs for Gemini: Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Aries
- Least compatible signs for Gemini: Scorpio, Capricorn
- So-so compatibility for Gemini: Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Virgo, Pisces
June 22 to July 23
- Most compatible signs for Cancer: Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn, Pisces, Taurus
- Least compatible signs for Cancer: Sagittarius, Aquarius
- So-so compatibility for Cancer: Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Libra
July 24 to August 23
- Most compatible signs for Leo: Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Aries, Gemini
- Least compatible signs for Leo: Capricorn, Pisces
- So-so compatibility for Leo: Taurus, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Scorpio
August 24 to September 23
- Most compatible signs for Virgo: Scorpio, Capricorn, Pisces, Taurus, Cancer
- Least compatible signs for Virgo: Aquarius, Aries
- So-so compatibility for Virgo: Gemini, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Sagittarius
September 24 to October 23
- Most compatible signs for Libra: Sagittarius, Aquarius, Aries, Gemini, Leo
- Least compatible signs for Libra: Pisces, Taurus
- So-so compatibility for Libra: Cancer, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Capricorn
October 24 to November 22
- Most compatible signs for Scorpio: Capricorn, Pisces, Taurus, Cancer, Virgo
- Least compatible signs for Scorpio: Aries, Gemini
- So-so compatibility for Scorpio: Leo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Aquarius
November 23 to December 21
- Most compatible signs for Sagittarius: Aquarius, Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra
- Least compatible signs for Sagittarius: Taurus, Cancer
- So-so compatibility for Sagittarius: Virgo, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Pisces
December 22 to January 20
- Most compatible signs for Capricorn: Pisces, Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio
- Least compatible signs for Capricorn: Gemini, Leo
- So-so compatibility for Capricorn; Aries, Libra, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius
January 21 to February 19
- Most compatible signs for Aquarius: Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius
- Least compatible signs for Aquarius: Cancer, Virgo
- So-so compatibility for Aquarius: Taurus, Scorpio, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces
February 20 to March 20
- Most compatible signs for Pisces: Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn
- Least compatible signs for Pisces: Leo, Libra
- So-so compatibility for Pisces: Aries, Gemini, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Pisces
This Rare Cosmic Alignment Happens Once a Decade
Mars and Jupiter in conjunction in Aries. How you can take advantage of the energy produced by this meeting of planets.
On May 29 Mars and Jupiter will be in conjunction where they will appear to be close to each other when observed from Earth, and they will both be in Aries, something we have not seen since April of 2011. What will the conjunction of these strong planets in Aries mean to us?
“To understand this conjunction at a personal level, we need to understand that Mars is our drive, and Jupiter expands everything that it touches. These two planets are aligning in the constellation of Aries. What is Aries? Aries is the energy of birth, it’s the energy of beginnings, it’s where the fire starts,” said astrologer Mercedes Arnus Arraut.
“It’s the energy that gets us going — that gets us moving. By Mars being in Aries, it’s the warrior entering onto the battlefield,” she said. “So, we can be feeling very feisty, we can be feeling a lot of energy, especially because Jupiter is going to highlight all that warrior energy. So, when Jupiter touches Mars all our fire is highlighted; we feel a very strong drive; we feel like our energy is on fire, and it’s very beautiful because 2022 has been a year, so far, that has been very sensitive. “