A crowd-pleasing dish. Serve it as a main, a side dish or as a filling for bell peppers, lettuce cups and more!
Why It's So Good For You
Naturally gluten-free, a complete protein and a source of iron, B-vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, vitamin E and fiber, quinoa is a nutrient powerhouse!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Sea salt to taste
- In a large bowl mix together the cooked quinoa, chopped tomatoes, onion, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mix well and add salt to taste.
- Best served with 1 small tin of wild and sustainably caught salmon or 1 cup cooked chickpeas. Soak chickpeas for 4 hours or overnight, strain, then cook in boiling water for 30 minutes and drain to serve.