5 Crystals For Emotional and Spiritual Support
Crystals have been used for centuries to heal, protect and inspire, but they can also bring renewed power to your meditation and yoga practice. Here are five crystals that can help you to calm your mind, feel more energized, and increase your sense of self-worth.
- Vitality from Carnelian: When difficult energy drags us down, carnelian can be a wonderful source of support. The stone comes in deep reds, oranges and browns, and fosters the life force in us all. It can also be helpful in healing menstrual and/or sexual difficulties, depression, and lower back problems. Placing carnelian at the end of your yoga mat can support your energy levels during practice. Also, in meditation, you might hold a piece of carnelian at your base chakra and imagine that it is warming your abdomen, spreading its healing warmth.
- Protection from Selenite: Selenite is said to carry a very high vibration of healing white light. Thus it is a great bringer of peace during meditation, as well as in troubled times. Selenite can be used to protect against negative energy and unwanted thoughts. In fact, selenite wands are wonderful for demarcating and protecting spiritual space. The crystal can also be used to open the crown chakra and increase our connection to the divine.
- Grounding from Petrified Wood: Petrified wood comes from a tree that once fossilized; the marks on the crystal were once part of the growing tree itself. I have received great comfort and grounding from this loving crystal, which provides a sense of warmth and companionship that growing trees can also provide. Petrified wood deepens our spiritual roots, and can thus ground us in terms of posture and emotional stability. In fearful situations, this crystal calms and nurtures. A wonderful stone for those who are working on balance in yoga or seek companionship amidst an emotional storm.
- Self-Love from Rose Quartz: This beautiful rose-colored crystal opens the heart so that we can attract and express love more freely, whilst also healing pain from the past. Commonly said to be “the stone of the heart,” you can wear it as a heart-shaped pendant during meditation and affirmations, especially if you intend to heal from grief or heartache. Also, whenever you need to be kind to yourself, carry rose quartz with you as a comforting support.
- Enlightenment from Celestite: Celestite is a wonderful stone for clearing the aura and receiving enlightenment. Said to increase our connection with the angels, this crystal can be powerful for visualization and dream recall, as well as creative problem solving. A stone of alignment and balance, it can be of great help when we need to regain clarity and poise. In fact, it can also be used to support our physical balance during yoga practice. I think of celestite—and its cousin, angelite—as a little dose of the heavens.
What Are Astral Stones and How to Find Yours
Your astrological sign indicates more about you then just your birthday – and so does your astral stone. Astral stones are the crystals and gemstones that correspond to the constellation under which you were born. They represent the unity of the universe and serve as a link between the earth and the stars. Just as you have a unique essential oil, you also have a unique astral stone that complements your astrological sign.
Your astral stone is more than just a symbol, however – It is a physical object that carries the harmony of all things throughout it. According to ancient philosophers, wearing, holding, or carrying your stone strengthens your fortune in life as it amplifies the vibrations of the constellation and bolsters zodiac influence. In other words, it is a conduit for the heavens on Earth.
However, you’ll notice that each zodiac sign has multiple astral stones listed. While your zodiac sign can tell you the guiding core principles of your being – there are still a wide range of personalities born under each constellation. Therefore, astral stones also cover a wide range of traits within each zodiac sign. It is up to you to discover the astral stone to which you feel the deepest connection.
Astral stones vary from culture to culture and religion-to-religion – There is no central authority that dictates which stones belong to which months. The following is your guide to the most widely accepted connections.
March 22 – April 20
Amber, Carnelian, Emeralds, Fire Agate, Green Chrysoprase, Moss Agate, Pink Tourmaline, Rainbow Moonstone, Rhodonite, Ruby
April 21 – May 21
Rose Quartz, Aquamarine Stones, Amber, Carnelian Stones, Kyanite, Azurite Stone, Kunzite Crystal, Lapis Lazuli, Rhodonite, Tigers Eye, Selenite, Variscite
May 22 – June 21
Aquamarine, Chrysoprase, Anyolite, Citrine, Green Tourmaline, Serpentine, Tigers Eye, Ulexite, Thulite, Rainbow Moonstone, Variscite
June 22 – July 22
Amber, Carnelian, Chrysoprase, Rhodonite, Rainbow Moonstone, Moss Agate, Fire Agate, Pink Tourmaline, Ruby Stone