Chakra Balancing and Wellbeing
Meditation isn’t always for the purpose of moving into quiet states of stillness. We can use meditation practice as a way to check in with ourselves and better direct our energy. Guided meditations are an awareness tool that allows us to be in conscious, present creation with ourselves.
What Are Chakras?
Chakras are points where the energetic and physical bodies meet. Imagine chakras like wheels constantly in motion. If these wheels are “stuck,” energy cannot move and we might feel out of whack. Located in the subtle body, there are hundreds of chakras, although the primary seven from the Muladhara system are where the most focus is given.
These main seven chakras are:
- Root – base of spine – Muladhara – red
- Sacral – below the naval – Svadisthana – orange
- Solar Plexus – above navel – Manipura — yellow
- Heart – heart, center of chest – Anahata — green
- Throat – throat – Visuddha —blue
- 3rd eye — at forehead between the eyes — Ajna — indigo
- Crown— top of head — Sahasrara — violet
Chakra Color Variations
This modern-day chakra color system comes from the cover of a 1977 out-of-print book by Christopher Hills. If this system works for you, go with it. However, if you discover that your root chakra is another color, go with that. When I visualize my root chakra color as red, for instance, I feel antsy and uncomfortable. When I place gold there, I feel peaceful and relaxed. Play with the colors and find that which supports you. It’s also perfectly fine if you don’t see or experience any color at all.
Chakras and the Spine
We need to understand the physical importance of our spine, which is a framework for the nervous system, while giving structure to the body. The spine is also an important facet of spiritual health — many traditions regard the spine with significance, as it is the main channel through which all subtle energies flow.
The spine holds important codes for our soul’s potential, as our latent DNA/RNA pulsates within. When we learn to be in tune with our spinal health, a wealth of information is available, which can help us better masters ourselves.
Sitting with a straight spine is crucial, but it should be exercised at your own level of comfort. When we lengthen the spine, it is easier to connect with cosmic and Earth energies. Do not make yourself uncomfortable by trying to maintain a “straight spine.” Any preoccupation with form will only distract and nullify any healing effects.
Seeing chakras is a marvelous gift, but not something all are able to do. When we use the word “visualize,” imagine feeling and experiencing, rather than seeing. Psychic senses are elusive, and many psychics are unable to “see,” but use other methods of perception instead.
Feel the color, shape, and texture of each chakra. Engage other senses to navigate, and don’t get hung up on the word “visualize.”
Test Alert message found here and some really long text to go with it in case of wrapping I want to see it
This is an easy, accessible way to move energy and connect to the subtle body.
How to Align Your Chakras with Meditation
- Sit comfortably with your spine lengthened and begin to breathe deeply but gently. Close your eyes to bless yourself with total presence during this meditation.
- Imagine a brown (or black) ball of energy at your feet. Breathe with it and allow it to expand to the size of a beach ball. This is the Earth Star Chakra and will begin to help you pulsate with the heartbeat of the Earth.
- Moving into your body, bring your attention to your Root Chakra. For some of us, this is at the perineum, for others its between the thighs. Feel and trust your own way!
- See the Root Chakra as a red glowing orb. Feel with it gradually and expand, it to the size of a beach ball.
- Bringing your attention to your Sacral Chakra, feel the warm orange glow, and expand or decrease it to match the size of the other two.
- Continue moving up your body to the Solar Plexus Chakra and allow the warmth of the sun to charge this yellow chakra. Expand its size to be in alignment with those already balanced below.
- Feel the inviting green of your Heart Chakra and breathe into it until it too is a consistent size.
- Bring yourself to the blue of your Throat Chakra, breathing with it until its size matches those below.
- The 3rd Eye Chakra will emit an indigo-colored light, deeper and more powerful than the blue of your throat. This one may take a bit more care and patience or, in the case of highly sensitive people, it may be noticeably out of whack with the others. Be patient as it comes into alignment with the other chakras.
- Drifting upward to the Crown Chakra, feel the vibrant violet that resides there. Effortlessly allow its size to match that of the others.
- The platinum (white or gold) light will be our final place of attention. Residing about six inches above the Crown Chakra, this chakra connects us to the galactic realms, giving us a direct connection with our deeper soul. Be with it until it too reaches the size of the others.
- With all chakras balanced, thank yourself for this loving attention you have just shared. Commit yourself to be more present with these energies.
- Gently open your eyes, and carry on with the ways of feeling more of yourself present in the world!
As you deepen your chakra meditations, you will experience more of your truth. Befriend the wisdom of each energy center, and allow yourself to embody if even for a moment, the frequency you’re perceiving. What may initially be a simple exercise could form the basis of a whole new path of experience.
Energize Your Chakras with Reiki Meditation
Did you know that you can meditate on the chakras with a Reiki meditation? The universal life force of Reiki provides deep relaxation, which is very helpful for the body organs. The chakras are “wheels” of energy which control the body organs. Upon energizing these energy centers, we not only heal ourselves but also strengthen these centers.
Visualizing the Reiki energy flowing through every cell in your body is a highly effective starting point. Feel it flowing out around you in your chair. As you continue to breathe, feel it flowing into the room and then the residence you are in, filling it with Reiki energy. Feel it intensify as the Reiki energy flows outside onto the property and beyond into the neighborhood. See it filling the region in which you reside and then beyond into the country, then whole globe and finally out into the cosmos.
Other than this, there are a few things you can do to prepare before getting started. Divine Lotus Healing suggests:
- Drawing the power symbol (if you are attuned to it) over your body before beginning
- Drawing the mental/emotional symbol (if you are attuned to it) over your body before beginning
- Drawing the master symbol (if you are attuned to it) over your body before beginning
- Drawing the distance healing symbol (if you are attuned to it) over your body before beginning
- Listening to soft, inspiring music
- Chanting a mantra
- Writing a goal and ask for clarification to come to you through the sitting session
- Asking for guidance to come to you about an issue you are currently experiencing
This meditation is taken from Reiki—the Healing Touch. According to their site, it was brought to us from Reiki master Renu Kakkar, which was passed to her by her Reiki teacher, who got it from his previous Reiki teacher, and so on. Therefore, it’s unknown how old this meditation actually is.
Phase 1: Preparation
Set the stage with OM chants or light music.
Sit down in a relaxed manner on a straight back chair or crossed-legged, whichever suits you. Hold your hands palm upwards on your knees in a comfortable position, such as in a prayer form or in your lap.
Close your eyes and say OM three times.
Phase 2: Relaxation
Take a deep breath. Close your eyes slightly, just listen to the sounds. Do not try to identify them. Tell yourself that your senses are getting relaxed.
It’s time to relax your mind. Take a deep breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. Keep breathing deeper and deeper like this three times. To go into deeper relaxation, count down from 10 to 1 slowly.
Now relax your body’s organs one by one. While relaxing them, thank them for their support and request them to do so throughout your life, in a healthy way.
Relax the right toes, right foot, right ankle, the right leg, the right knee, right thigh and the right hip.
Relax the left toes, left foot, left ankle, left leg, left knee, left thigh, left hip.
Now relax your pelvic region, and the organs there. Relax the back muscles, relax the abdomen, relax the stomach, liver on the right side and the spleen on the left, then relax the gall bladder and the pancreas bowels in the center and the kidneys at the back.
Now relax the chest, heart and lungs. Feel them completely relaxed. Now relax the entire rib cage and the shoulder blades. Feel them completely relax.
Relax the right shoulder, right upper arm, right elbow right forearm, right hand and the right fingers.
Now relax the left shoulder, left upper arm, left elbow, left forearm, left hand and the left fingers. Now your left upper limb from the left shoulder to the left fingertips is fully relaxed.
Relax the neck muscles from the front and back. Relax the face muscles around the mouth the eyes and the forehead. Relax the eyes the mouth and also the skull and muscles.
Now your total body is completely relaxed. All muscles and all the organs from the head to toes are completely relaxed. Release yourself into the relaxation of the body and mind.
In this state repeat silently, “I have full faith in Reiki. Reiki will energize and heal me.”
Phase 3: Energize
Take a deep breath; inhale through the mouth and exhale through the nose.
Visualize a beautiful golden glowing ball floating above the top of your head. See it float down and blend with the violet chakra of the head. See the golden violet rays spreading to the various systems, energizing the nervous system and the right eyes.
Say to yourself silently, “I am divinely protected, guided and at peace.”
Now imagine the golden ball gently separate from the violet chakra and float down to merge with the brow chakra. Watch it blend with the beautiful indigo wheel of the brow chakra. Visualize the golden indigo rays energizing the pituitary, hypothalamus, nose, the left eye and ears and repeat to yourself mentally, “I am open to new ideas, people and situations and follow my gut feelings.”
See the golden ball separate from the brow chakra and slowly floating and descending into the glowing blue wheel of the throat chakra. Imagine the golden blue rays energizing the entire throat, upper lungs, digestive track, bronchial and upper stomach areas. Say to yourself, “I feel safe to express my feelings. I love, trust and respect my creative gifts.”
Now imagine the golden ball all separate and descend into the glowing green wheel of the heart chakra. See the golden green ray flow into the thymus, heart, blood, lower lungs, upper liver and arms. Repeat to yourself, “Love is the purpose of my life. It is everywhere.”
Now see the golden ball separate and enter the solar plexus chakra and blend with the yellow wheel there and spread the golden yellow rays into the entire digestive system, pancreas, liver, gall bladder, intestines and spleen. Repeat to yourself, “I trust my worthiness. I am worthy of the best in life.”
Now imagine the golden ball separate from the solar plexus chakra and floating down to the sacral chakra, to the orange wheel found three fingers from the navel. Imagine the golden ball blending with the orange wheel and the golden orange rays pass into the entire reproductive system. Say to yourself, “What I do is enough, what I have is enough.”
Now see the golden ball separate and floating down to the base chakra, the seat of Kundalini energy. See it blending with to the red colored wheel. The golden red rays are spreading into the entire excretory system and energizing the kidneys bladder, spine and lower limbs. Feel the warmth. Repeat, “I am safe and secure all the time. I love my feet, they show me the way. I love my legs they support me.”
Continue breathing in through the nose, out through the nose. Feel totally at peace. Feel the centers all flowing with abundance of love. All disruptive emotions have flown away. You are calm, fully relaxed and grounded.
Now imagine that all light is surrounding you. Feel your aura expanding and being protected with white light. No negative energy can harm you. You are fully protected.
Now you are fully energized with Reiki. Imagine yourself in front of yourself. Pass Reiki to yourself. Heal yourself, your family members. Forgive yourself, your family members.
Now with Reiki energize the 5 elements. Imagine the earth in your hands, thank the earth, energize the earth and bless the earth with Reiki. Imagine water in your hands, thank the water, energize the water and bless the water with Reiki energy. Now imagine the fire in your hands, thank the fire, energize the fire and bless the fire with Reiki. Now imagine the air in your hands, thank the air, energize the air and bless the air with Reiki energy. Imagine the space/sun/stars/moon/planets in your hands, thank the space and energize the space with Reiki energy.
Your meditation is now over. Return slowly from your head, your ears, your torso, and your legs to the tips of your toes. Stretch your arms and legs slowly. Slowly open your eyes and become aware of the environment. You are fully charged and feel fine in every aspect.