The glory of a humble loaf of bread filled with greens and cheese sauce that's full-flavored, baked, and served to your friends and family. This dish is a crowd pleaser.
(use organic where possible)
FOR THE COB LOAF
- 2 cups cashew nuts
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup savory yeast, or more if you like
- 1 large bunch baby spinach
- 1 large zucchini, grated, moisture removed
- 1 large cucumber, grated, moisture removed
- ½ cup spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 large gf cob loaf or 2 medium sourdough gf bread loaves
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and grated (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 340 °F (170 °C).
- Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the cashews, water, savory yeast, salt, and pepper into your blender.
- Blend until completely smooth, creamy and thick.
- Taste, adjust the seasonings if needed and set aside.
- Combine all the greens in a large bowl and squeeze out the juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and then pour in the cheesy mix.
- Mix well until combined and set aside.
- Cut off the top of the cob loaf and pull the soft bread out. Do not discard the soft bits.
- Fill the cob loaf with the spinach and cheese filling and pop the bread lid on.
- Mix together the garlic cloves and olive oil and brush over the loaf.
- Season with salt and pepper and place on the tray together with the soft bits.
- Bake for 20 to 40 minutes.
- Allow resting for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia