Discover how a burger patty can be filled with ingredients that serve your organs.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 3 portobello mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 capsicum, finely diced
- ½ celery stick, finely diced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely diced
- 2 spring onion, chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups cooked red rice
- 1 carrot, steamed, skin on
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp mushroom powder
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tbsp psyllium
- 1 cup rice flour, for dusting the pattie
- Coconut oil
- Gluten-free bun bread, for serving
- Add the mushrooms, capsicum, celery, parsley, spring onion, onion, and garlic to your food processor
- and blend.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Blend together the red rice, carrot, and chickpeas and transfer to the bowl with veggies.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the flour) and mix well to combine.
- Let the patty mixture rest for 10 minutes.
- Shape the mixture into 8 patties, dusting them with the rice flour.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on medium-high and grill the patties and buns.
- Build your burger with my mustard, tomatoes, lettuce, and cucumber pickle.
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia