Banana and Berry Crepes With Vanilla Cashew
Banana Berry Crepes With Cashew Cream; the perfect breakfast treat! Bananas have lots of potassium, among other things. Potassium helps us build muscle, keeps our hearts healthy and our bodies balanced in terms of metabolism.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 4 bananas
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries
- 3 fresh dates
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ vanilla bean
- ⅓ cup water
- Celtic salt
- Place all crepes ingredients into the food processor or high-speed blender and process.
- Pour mixture, ¼ cup at a time onto nonstick dehydrator sheets.
- Dehydrate for around 4-6 hours at 110°F (43°C).
- Peel them off the dehydrator sheets and place onto baking paper and set aside.
- Place all berry sauce ingredients into the blender and blend until well combined and smooth.
- Blend the cashews, water, maple syrup, salt, and vanilla in a blender until smooth and creamy. Place in fridge to set.
- To assemble, spread cream along the middle of each crepe.
- Add a few strawberry slices and a small drizzle of berry sauce, then fold and overlap sides in the center.
- Drizzle some of the berry sauce over the crepes and top with more strawberry slices.
- Serve immediately.
- If you want to make Chocolate Mousse Crepes, just add 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder to the crepes and vanilla cream.
- The crepes are ready when they peel cleanly away from the sheet and are still pliable. Even if they are a little crisp around the edges they will soften up if you leave them to sit at room temperature.
- If you don't want to use maple syrup for the cream, you can use fresh dates and add 4 tablespoons of water.
- Stored separately, crepes, sauce, and cream will keep up to one week in the fridge. They call also be stored separately in the freezer for at least 1 month.
Audio Languages: English
Cashew Cream CheeseS1:Ep3 3 mins
Cashew MilkS1:Ep4 2 mins
Fruit SaladS1:Ep5 2 mins
You Might Also Like
Pasta AlfredoS1:Ep15 15 mins
QuicheS1:Ep17 26 mins
LicoriceS1:Ep4 6 mins
Spicy CabbageS1:Ep19 14 mins
TempehS1:Ep20 16 mins
Chocolate Mud CakeS1:Ep7 7 mins
Gluten-Free Grain-Free FlourS1:Ep5 3 mins
Un-fried RiceS1:Ep21 18 mins
Peppermint SliceS1:Ep9 8 mins
Chickpea MeringuesS1:Ep8 5 mins
Waffle ConesS1:Ep3 4 mins
Cyndi O'Meara SnackS1:Ep5 5 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia